We recently connected with Bobby Robinson and have shared our conversation below.
Bobby, appreciate you joining us today. We’d love to hear the backstory behind a risk you’ve taken – whether big or small, walk us through what it was like and how it ultimately turned out.
Summer of 1999, I headed out to California to pursue a career in the music industry, working in the marketing department designing for several music agencies and studios. I worked on projects for bands like System of a Down, Deftones, and Artists like Ice-Cube. Once the company expanded, I did marketing projects for Disney, Coca-Cola, Warner Bros, and others. I won a buttload of awards.
In 2001, I came back to Texas went back to school, concentrating my undergrad in Web Design and Marketing. At the same time, I worked full-time and became a proud dad. I re-started my side hustle and took on project after project. I once again found my true love for design. In 2010, I had saved up enough money to purchase a house in West Fort Worth.
In 2015, I began to make more money than my full-time gig. So I made it official and resigned from my position. I registered Black Anchor Design, and the rest is history.
Bobby, love having you share your insights with us. Before we ask you more questions, maybe you can take a moment to introduce yourself to our readers who might have missed our earlier conversations?
I’m an award-winning designer and web strategist consultant founder of Black Anchor Design. I’ve been working as a designer for 25 years. I have worked with various clients, from tier one companies to the small ten-person team. I specialize in commercial service-based B2B and B2C businesses, helping customers with one-off informational sites, marketing sites, content sites to complete web and mobile apps.
I specialize in premium comprehensive and consultative web design services for commercial businesses specializing in Branding, Strategy, Web Design, Print Design, and Local SEO. I am passionate about design, and I love sharing and teaching others what I know.
Music has always been a center point in my life. My father taught me to enjoy Southern Rock bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd; my mom showed me to appreciate bands like Bee Gees, the glam of disco music, and my sister introduced me to love the Beatles.
I would collect albums and study every cover I could get my hands on. I became in love with the design, and my appetite for music made me start a band as a lead guitarist. We played at some dive bars and opened for some incredible bands. I always found myself designing merchandise for my friends. That side hustle turned into an actual paying job. My client list started growing every week and landed me a design opportunity with a few record labels, and now I work with many local Texas businesses and worldwide brands.
What sets us apart is that I have a hybrid approach to an agency—no full-time employees, just contractors that I build specialized teams for specific projects. Thus, giving me the flexibility of working remotely, cohesively, and effectively to grow my customer’s online operations.
What can society do to ensure an environment that’s helpful to artists and creatives?
Invest in local creative businesses. They are part of the recovery plan.
What’s the most rewarding aspect of being a creative in your experience?
I am passionate about design, and I love sharing and teaching others what I know.
- Website: www.blackanchordesign.com
- Instagram: https://twitter.com/BlackanchorWSC
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blackanchordesign
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/6423805/admin/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BlackanchorWSC
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGIc5BYroLU
- Other: https://upcity.com/local-marketing-agencies/profiles/black-anchor-design https://clutch.co/profile/black-anchor-design#summary https://pr.expert/12-top-seo-agencies-startups-fort-worth/?fbclid=IwAR1alZQPgDgPqJ0fteqbr1xiBBpb7KTnQKcjn_eoCM6Wyk2BI9mvPhDGNAY https://www.expertise.com/tx/fort-worth/web-developers https://www.designrush.com/agency/profile/black-anchor-design https://www.ibtimes.com/spotlight/best-web-design-companies-in-fort-worth-tx?fbclid=IwAR0Lf1F3yYWMJxcECgL-I7FBKp6A7rWBMso_pux68q1hrF25Th3Fd8fovoY https://www.prweb.com/releases/digital_com_announces_top_13_web_design_firms_in_fort_worth/prweb17761631.htm
Black Anchor Design